Keeping Camden clean
Clean Camden is an ongoing campaign to crack down on littering, dog fouling and fly-tipping. We hope that residents and businesses will get involved and join us in sprucing up the borough. Here’s what you can do:
- organise a community clean up. Get together with your friends and neighbours and
clean up your local area. We can provide gloves, high visibility jackets, litter pickers,
pink chalk sprays to circle dog poo and advice. We’ll also help you publicise your
clean-up. You can read more about community clean-ups by downloading the information
below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- we can provide high visibility jackets, litter-pickers and gloves – and give advice
- if there’s a dog poo problem in your area, we can provide cans of bright pink chalk spray to highlight it with and embarrass the dog’s owner. Email: email@example.com if you’d like a chalk spray
- be our eyes and ears: you can help us by reporting fly-tipping in the borough. We now issue fixed penalty notices (FPNs) for £200 to people who fly-tip in the borough as well as prosecuting persistent offenders.
It’s very important that we prevent fly-tipping, and you can help us keep the borough a pleasant place to live, work and visit.
Download: Clean up guidance (PDF 85KB).
Download: Capital Clean Up toolkit (PDF 8MB).
Reporting hotspots and offenders
Please let us know if you spot a place that needs our attention or person who is not helping our attempts to rid the borough of dog fouling, littering or flying-tipping. The more information you can give us, the easier it is for us to deal with the problem effectively. You don’t need to give your name, but please do give us as much information as possible including times of day, addresses, a description of the offender, nature of the offence or vehicle registrations.
- Call 020 3567 8105
You don’t need to give your name, but please do give us as much information as possible including times of day, addresses, a description of the offender, nature of the offence or vehicle registrations.
Q. How do I report a fly tip?
A. You can report a fly-tip by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone Contact Camden on 020 7974 4444.
Q. Can I report fly tipping anonymously?
A. Yes you can report fly-tipping anonymously by calling our Contact Camden on
020 7974 4444.
Q. What do I do if I see someone fly-tipping?
A. Do not approach the fly-tipper yourself. Call us on 020 7974 4444 to report
them, or email us at email@example.com
Q. Can I provide the Council with information about a fly-tipping hotspot in my local area?
A. Yes you can tell us about places in the borough that are often used for fly-tipping.
If you think you know who is doing the fly-tipping please provide us with as much
information as possible. To do this email us at
Q. What action will you take against fly-tipping?
A. We have recently started using fly-tipping Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs). People
who get an FPN are fined £200, but we also aim to prosecute large scale fly-tippers
and people who persistently fly-tip. Prosecution can lead to fines of up to £50,000.
Q. How quickly do I have to pay an FPN?
A. You have 14 days to pay an FPN, and if you pay within 10 days, the fine is reduced
Q. What if I have a large item such as a piece of furniture, that I can’t put out with my usual rubbish?
A. We can arrange to collect large items separately. Details are here
- Report other street problems online
- Fixed penalty notices (FPNs) and environmental legislation
- Paying your FPN
- Frequently asked questions about street cleaning
- Abandoned vehicles
- Dead animals on the street
- Dog fouling and dog control
- Free graffiti removal
- Highway obstructions
- Litter and litter bins
- Road spillages
- Street cleaning
- Surrender your unwanted vehicle
- Syringes and drug paraphernalia on the street
- Weed control
- Winter gritting and snow
- Read Clean Camden updates in the Camden magazine