Family services and social work
If you need to see a social worker we will usually make an appointment for you. If it is an emergency we can see you straight away, but if you are just visiting the office hoping to be seen, you will probably have to wait.
- promote the welfare and safety of all children in the borough
- provide a long-term social work service for children who are at risk or who have complex needs, through the provision of an allocated social worker
- undertake in-depth assessments of need for children and families and ensure the provision of appropriate services
- arrange for the accommodation of children where necessary
- undertake child protection investigations and ensure the implementation of child protection plans
- provide advice and guidance for parents