Skip navigation


Residential and nursing-home care

Adult social care homes offer care to people who can no longer look after themselves at home.

If you think a move to a care home might be the best option for you or someone you know, your first step is to contact adult social care and ask for an assessment.

Care homes offer different levels of care to match the needs of different people.

We manage two residential care homes:

How do I ask for social care services?

If you would like to talk to someone about care homes and assessments, contact the adult social care information and access team.

Please give us as much detail as possible. If your circumstances change before someone contacts you and you think you need urgent help then please contact us by phone on 020 7974 4000 or 020 7974 4444 if it is out of office hours.

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Looking for a care home? Get free, independent reports on the quality of your local homes and care services to help you make an informed choice from the Care Quality Commission. You can read the commission's reports about the care homes:

CQC's reports about the care homes
EstablishmentClient specification Type of home Location
Branch Hill Dementia only Council in-house Residential provision Camden
Wellesley Road Frail, dementia and mental healthCouncil in-house residential provisionCamden
St Margarets Dementia only Council in-house residential provision Barnet
Ingestre Road Frail and dementiaCouncil in-house residential provisionCamden
Ash Court Frail Private nursing care Camden
St Johns Wood Frail Private nursing care Camden
Rathmore House Dementia only Private nursing care Camden
Compton Lodge Frail Private residential Camden
Spring Grove Frail Private residential Camden
Lansdowne Care Centre Frail and dementia Camden block contracts – long stay Barnet

Camden is building two new care homes and extra care sheltered housing apartments. Please see homes for older people for more information.