Residential and nursing-home care

Information on finding a care home

Go to Camden Care Choices for information on care homes

Information for carers

Adult carers and the people they care for may be entitled to respite care. This might be a short term place in a care home for the person they care for, or a paid care worker in their own home so that the carer and their family can have a break.

Short term care

Subject to an assessment of eligibility and needs, support for individuals can be provided in a variety of ways.

If you think you need a break from caring for someone, or you are a person cared for who needs a break, contact the access and response team

In an emergency outside these hours, call the emergency duty team on 020 7974 4444.

The person you call will ask you some questions in order to decide how best to meet your needs and will then tell you what will happen next.

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.