For trees on private land covered by tree preservation orders or within conservation areas go to our  tree preservation web page.

The tree section is responsible for the maintenance of trees on Council owned land including streets, Council housing, schools and parks.

We do not prune trees for:
•    light reasons
•    droppings (e.g. leaves, fruit or associated bird droppings)
•    being perceived as too large/overgrown
•    allergies
•    lifting pavement or kerbs (engineering solutions will be sought)
If you’re concerned that damage to your private property is related to a Council owned tree, contact your insurer first. Your insurer will then make contact with our insurance department. The tree section does not deal directly with claims. If you live in Council owned property and think there may be tree related damage occurring, contact housing repairs.

Emergency tree works

We operate a 24-hour tree emergency service for fallen/dangerous Council owned trees or for private trees that have fallen and are blocking the public highway. Please phone 020 7974 4444.

 See map below for information on Council owned trees in parks, highways, schools and communal housing areas. Click the blue icon in the upper left corner to zoom to an address or postcode.

    Published as Open Data under the Open Government Licence

    Find out more about Open Data

    Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

    Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

    Please select one of the options.

    Thank you for your feedback.