Changes to the grounds maintenance contract:
As of the 31 March 2017 Camden’s current grounds maintenance contract with Outsourced
Client Solutions Ltd (OCS) will end. Over the past year we have conducted a
rigorous tender process for a new grounds maintenance contractor which will run from
1 April 2017 to March 2022 with the possibility of three additional one year extensions.
We have awarded the new grounds maintenance contract to a company called Quadron Services t/a idverde, whose proposal best suited our requirement for a flexible and adaptive grounds maintenance service. idverde is currently the biggest GM provider in the London region and specialists in providing horticultural services.
Flexible locking of park sites
Many of Camden’s parks and green spaces are already left open. We will be including
15 additional parks that we have identified to be safe and that can be managed using
a flexible locking approach from the start of the new contract on 1 April 2017.
We will be reviewing a further 12 sites to determine their potential inclusion in the flexible locking regime from September 2017. Where there are emerging Anti-Social Behaviour issues on sites in the flexible locking regime, we will assess alternative ways of managing these sites , which may include locking them for a short period of time.
Camden’s green spaces
Green spaces help improve the quality of life for people living in, working in and visiting the area. Camden Council manages 68 parks and open spaces, many of which are important historically, such as former burial grounds, manors, private gardens and London squares.
You can download a complete guide to Camden’s parks and open spaces below. This includes full details of park facilities and travel information.
- download: A guide to Camden's Parks and Open Spaces (PDF)
- download: Camden park opening and closing times (PDF)
Releasing Sky Lanterns is not permitted from Council land. Find
Find out more
Get additional information about the great parks and open spaces in the borough.
Learn about our Bloomsbury
Create a lasting memory by placing a commemorative bench in one of Camden’s parks or open spaces.
Thinking about having a BBQ in a Camden park? BBQs in parks webpage can give you more
Events in Parks
Book your event in one of our parks and open spaces through our events
team, including events at the Waterlow Park Centre.
Find out about more events in the borough on the Love
- Get active in your green space
- Camden green space friends groups
- Food growing
- Nature conservation and wildlife
- Biodiversity action plan
- firstname.lastname@example.org – if you would like to enquire about allotments or food growing in Camden
- email@example.com – if you would
like to hold an event in a park, or please call our Events Service
- firstname.lastname@example.org – if
you would like to film/take professional photographs in Camden, including in parks,
or please call 0207 620 0391
- email@example.com – if you would like to report a grounds maintenance or parks play and infrastructure issue
– to report anti-social behaviour in a park or please call our contact centre. Please also use
this email address if you would like to enquire about nature conservation or have
a parks enquiry that is not covered by the other options in this list
- firstname.lastname@example.org – if you would like to report rubbish, fly tipping or waste collection in a park or open space
- Click here to make an enquiry about trees
- If you would like to report any other issue or make a general enquiry then please telephone our contact centre