Swiss Cottage Library
Contact details, address and opening hours
Swiss Cottage Library
88 Avenue Road
This library is the largest in the borough and has varied facilities including a café and art gallery as well as extensive seating and study areas. The stock is the largest in the borough. It has a large IT suite and 50 PCs for public use. It is Grade II listed, designed by Basil Spence. The library is part of a complex which includes Hampstead Theatre, Royal School of Drama, and the Winchester Project and Swiss Cottage Community Centre. It is adjacent to the Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre.
Mon-Thu 10am to 8pm, Fri and Sat 10am to 5pm, Sun closed.
From 10 January 2017 you will need your library card and PIN to enter the following listed libraries,
- Camden Town
- Kentish Town
- Kilburn Library Centre
- Queens Cresent
- West Hampstead.
For more information see Important News for Library Customers.
Telephone the Contact Centre on 020 7974 4444 for all library enquiries. 24 hour renewals on 020 7974 4001
Events in Libraries – Hire of Library spaces
Please contact the Camden Events team to discuss the options and available spaces within library opening hours and outside of opening hours.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or call them 020 7974 5633
Swiss Cottage has a variety of bookable rooms for hire
What's on offer?
The library houses an art gallery which has an all year round programme of exhibitions, events and opportunities.
- Books, DVDs, talking books, periodicals, magazines and newspapers
- Photocopiers and free Wi-Fi
- Music scores and a large philosophy and psychology books
- A reserve stock of specialist, out of print and older works
- A separate children’s library with rhyme time and baby bounce sessions
- Employment and education resources area, including UK university and college prospectuses
- Young adult fiction, graphic novels, revision guides, young people’s Books on
- Study space for students and researchers
- Reading groups – for details please contact the library
- Exhibition Gallery managed by the Camden Arts and Tourism Service
- Café which is open during library opening hours
There is an active library User Group
Details of all library activities can be found on Love Camden and from our library events and activities.