Get your empty property refurbished for free
- Camden Council offers up to £80,000 grants
- You're eligible for a grant once your property's been vacant for a month
- We want to help get these homes back on the market for renting
- They cost owners council tax and a loss of potential rental income too.
There are privately owned properties standing empty in the borough while at the same time there is a significant demand for housing. Empty properties are often unattractive and can attract vandalism.
We will consider taking enforcement action such as serving notices and compulsory purchase orders as a last resort. We are committed to doing all we can to encourage owners to bring empty homes back into use.
These pages provide information on ways of bringing your empty property back into use, including:
- applying for an Housing Supply Grant to help pay for refurbishments
- using the services of lettings and managing agents
- lease agreements with a housing co-operative offering guaranteed rent
- advertise your property through our landlord rental options
Report an empty property
Is there a private sector empty property you would like to report? You can report an empty property online.
If you would like more information or advice on any of these options please contact the empty properties team.