Advice for private tenants
- Your legal rights to stay in your home - what to do if you are asked to leave
- Your landlord or agent has served you with notice to leave
- Understanding your tenancy contract - your rights and responsibilities
- Disputes with your landlord – advice on negotiating to resolve them
- Protecting and recovering your deposit
- Disrepair – landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities
- Problems with rent or service charges
- Housing benefit issues
- Finding alternative accommodation
- Your rights if you are suffering harassment or your landlord or agent threatens or illegally evicts you.
For further information on private renting please go to living
or searching for accommodation in the private sector.
If you have a housing problem it is very important that you seek advice at the earliest opportunity.
If you need advice contact the Housing options and advice service
Private tenants can also find advice on the following websites: