Advice for private tenants

If you are a private tenant in Camden the housing options and advice service offers free specialist advice and assistance with housing problems including:

  • Your legal rights to stay in your home - what to do if you are asked to leave your home
  • Your landlord or agent has served you with notice to leave
  • Understanding your tenancy contract - your rights and responsibilities
  • Disputes with your landlord – advice on negotiating to resolve them
  • Protecting and recovering your deposit
  • Disrepair – landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities
  • Problems with rent or service charges
  • Housing benefit issues
  • Finding alternative accommodation
  • Your rights if you are suffering harassment or your landlord or agent threatens or illegally evicts you.

For further information on private renting please go to living or searching for accommodation in the private sector.

If you have a housing problem it is very important that you seek advice at the earliest opportunity.

If you need advice contact the Housing options and advice service

Private tenants can also find advice on the following websites:

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.