If you’re homeless or at risk of homelessness, we can: 

  • offer advice 
  • try to prevent or delay homelessness 
  • advise you on your rights

We may have a legal duty to offer accommodation if your homelessness cannot be prevented and you’re:

  • a care leaver
  • pregnant
  • a parent of dependent children 
  • vulnerable through age or ill health
  • in or have been in the armed forces  
  • serving or have served a custodial sentence
  • fleeing violence or abuse
  • in an emergency such as a fire or flood

Contact us for advice

If you or your family don’t live or work in Camden, you may access more housing options if you contact your local council.

If you’re sleeping rough or have nowhere to sleep tonight, call our Homelessness Prevention Service on 0207 974 4444.

If you see a person who is homeless or sleeping rough you can let us know via the Camden App and we can help.

If you’re at risk of homelessness within the next 56 days:

Contact us for housing advice

If under 18, call Children’s Services on 0207 974 4444.

Changes to how we help people at risk of homelessness

Find out about the Homelessness Reduction Act and what’s changed.

Duty to refer

If you are a public authority in England as part of the Homelessness Reduction Act you must notify a local council of service users you think may be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Any organisation can refer a person.

Please ensure that you have the person’s consent before referring them to us, and their consent for us to contact them.

Please also call us on 020 7974 5801 for advice or guidance, for you, a service user or someone you know who may be at risk of homelessness. 

Temporary accommodation 

We can’t offer accommodation to everyone. The law entitles some homeless people to an offer of accommodation. Although we go further than the law tells us to, our resources are limited so we offer accommodation to those who need it most. Offers of accommodation are temporary or privately rented tenancies.

If you’ve no rights to public funds such as benefits, we may not be able to provide you with housing but we can still offer advice. 

We have updated our privacy policy to provide you with more information on how Camden Council protects your privacy, including information on how to exercise your right to data. This can be found here

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve camden.gov.uk. Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.