Frequently asked questions

Ongoing maintenance works

What repairs will Camden Council cover? Are there any exceptions to this? What is my responsibility? 

From Friday 4 May 2018 at 5pm the council started to deliver heating maintenance on the Chalcots Estate. This is because United Living, the subcontractor for PFIC and who have had responsibility for heating maintenance at the Chalcots Estate until now, will no longer be providing this service. 

We anticipate other PFIC subcontractors may stop providing repairs and maintenance services at the Chalcots Estate in the near future. We are preparing to take over these services when required and we will write to all residents soon when we can confirm any changes. 

The contractor Rydon currently cover building repairs to flats and communal areas in your block. This includes some electrical repairs in communal areas like lighting and automatic opening vents. If you need a repair (apart from heating and hot water) you still need to report them as normal to Rydon on 020 7288 8322.

What contractors are we using?

We are using BTU to cover heating repairs. If Rydon suspend services, the building repairs inside flats and in communal areas by the in house team and the communal electrical repairs will be covered by the council’s contractor, Openview. The council will recruit additional trade staff to supplement its in house.

Will any of the current tradespeople stay?

We have no information as yet from other contractors as to their intentions or any workforce implications. 

PFIC were due to replace boilers. When will this work be done now?

The council will assess the boilers annually as part of its servicing regime and replace as required. 

I’m a council tenant. How do I contact the repairs service?

Heating repairs can be requested through 020 7974 4444 then Option 3. Building repairs and communal electrical repairs still need to be requested through Rydon on 020 7288 8322 until we have any new information.

I’m a council leaseholder. How do I contact the repair service?

Leaseholders are responsible for their own internal repairs but all building and electrical repairs need to be reported to Rydon as normal on 020 7288 8322 until we tell you about changes. 

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.