King’s Cross has been chosen as a placeshaping priority area because it is an important and vibrant area within the borough which is also a major focus for growth and change.
The area is undergoing significant development and regeneration, particularly through the major Argent/King’s Cross Central development which is now underway and investment in the area’s stations and transport facilities. These changes raise a number of opportunities and challenges for local communities and businesses and for us to manage.
The place plan
King's Cross place plan has been jointly prepared by Camden and Islington Council's and was approved in July 2012.
Download by section
- download: What the area is like and what the issues are (576KB)
- download: The vision (126KB)
- download: Delivering the vision (1644KB)
- download: Action plan (98KB)
- download: Summary and Background (1632 KB)
Download the plan in full
The following documents were used in the development of the place plan:
- download: King’s Cross key issues paper – October 2010 (Word doc 1.6MB)
- download: Independent facilitator’s report on key issues workshops – November 2010 (PDF 4MB)
Community investment programme (CIP)
A number of sites in the King's Cross are included in the community investment programme:
- Community investment programme overview
- View CIP project updates in King's Cross ward
- View CIP project updates in St. Pancras and Somers Town ward