Planning and built environment
draft Statement of Community Involvement – give us your views about the proposed
changes to how we consult on planning applications and planning policy.
Planning applicationsMany types of building works, changes of use and works to protected trees need planning approval.
- search for planning applications, decisions and appeals
- email alerts - get notified about new applications, decisions and appeals in your area
- comment on a planning application
- find out if I need planning permission
- pre-planning application advice
- apply for planning permission
A breach of planning regulations occurs where a development is undertaken without first obtaining the necessary approvals. The information within this section will help you find out how to report a suspected breach of planning regulations to us; understand how we investigate such reports and establish what action is available to us where a breach has occurred.
Our vision and strategy for managing the way land and buildings are used across the borough is set out in our planning policies and supporting documentation. The information within this section will allow you to find out about our Local Development Framework, understand what supporting documentation we use when making our planning decisions and how we consult you.
- planning policy
- development policies
- conservation area appraisals and management strategies
- planning frameworks and briefs
- revised statement of community involvement
Weekly list of planning applications
- All recent applications, decisions and appeals (updated daily)
- weekly list of registered planning applications (weekly PDF)
- Statement of Community Involvement
- CIL Examination
- comment on individual planning applications
- join our development management user group
- local list
Grants for empty properties