In 2013 the Government announced the introduction of the Regulators' code, which aims to promote an open and constructive relationship between regulators and those they regulate.
The Code became law in spring 2014.
Regulators must follow the code when developing policies and procedures that guide their regulatory activities, as well as giving advice and guidance.
Under the Code, regulators should:
- Carry out activities in a way that supports those they regulate to comply and grow
- Provide simple ways to engage with those they regulate and hear their views
- Base their regulatory activities on risk
- Share information about compliance and risk
- Ensure clear guidance and advice is available to help those they regulate meet their responsibilities to comply
- Ensure that their approach to their regulatory activities is transparent
Camden’s Regulatory Services consists of the following teams:
In delivering our statutory functions of working with businesses to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, Regulatory Services will act in accordance with the Regulators’ code as follows: