Service offer from building control
What is building control?
Building owners have to carry out work in a manner that conforms with the requirements set out in both the Building Act and Building Regulations.
We can help you achieve the required national standards by being a source of advice, checking plans and inspection of building work.
These requirements are made in the interest of public health, safety, welfare, convenience and for the conservation of energy.
We can offer tailored support to anyone planning building work, no matter how big or small, anywhere in the country. Our unique service includes free pre-application meetings and access to a duty surveyor.
What do we offer?
- a quality assured service to ISO 9001:2008
- local knowledge supported by comprehensive records
- experience of a wide range of types of buildings
- access to a surveyor during normal office hours to answer relevant queries
- specialist engineering and fire safety expertise in-house
- close links with the fire authority
- a willingness to assist in seeking solutions
What do we do?
When you are making an application to us under the building regulations, we will:
- provide a published level of service and scale of charges enabling you to decide if our service meets your requirements in terms of quality and cost
- meet you, if you require, to discuss your plans before you make an application
- provide you with a contact name
- respond to building notices and letters within ten working days of receipt
- write to you within three weeks of plans being deposited regarding defects
- issue a decision on the plans you have deposited within five weeks (extended to two months with your agreement)
- respond promptly to requests for site inspections
How can we help?
- seek our advice before you start building work
- fill in the application form as completely & accurately as possible
- quote the job address and our serial number when you write to us
- give us written notice at least two days before you intend to start building work, but not until you are certain that work will start
- let us know if building work stops and when it restarts
- ask us to make a final inspection before the builder finally leaves the site.