Apply and pay for building control
Online application forms
- Online applications can only be made for applications with the contract sum not exceeding £500,000
- The maximum acceptable file size as an attachment to the online application form is 1.9MB
- Online building regulations application
- The London Buildings Act 1930-1982 - Application for consent
Guidance for completing application forms
- download: BC10 Completing regulation forms guidance notes (PDF 43KB)
Application forms for notice, plan checking, regularisation, demolition,
commencement of work, consent and archive search/certificate request
The file size for each attachment to an emailed application form should be smaller that 20MB (but please try to make file sizes are as small as possible in general to ensure they can be received and handled).
Building regulations application form
- download: Building Regulations Application Form (Word 305KB)
- download: Building Regulations Application Form (PDF 121KB)
Form S30 - application for consent under Section 30 of London Building Acts (Amendment Act 1939) with information on charges
- download: Section 30 of London Building Acts S30 (Word 383KB)
- download: Section 30 of London Building Acts S30 (PDF 53KB)
Charges for plans and building notice applications
Charges are payable to London Borough of Camden for applications under the building regulations. These charges are set out below in the current Camden scheme. These may be paid by cheque, made payable to London Borough of Camden, online with an online application or by card via telephone on 020 7974 6941.
Camden scheme of charges
We have adopted the scheme of charges recommended by the Local Government Association. This information is available to download below:
- download: 2015 Fee Schedule 3 - Estimated cost of works (PDF 32KB)
- download: 2015 Fee Schedule 2 - Residential only for certain small buildings, extensions, alterations, cavity wall insulation and reroofing (PDF 18KB)
Note: Regularization charges are 130% of the charges in schedule
2 and 3 above.
For a competitive quote of charges for work costing over £150,000, please phone and request to speak to one of our technical managers to discuss on 020 7974 6941
- download: BC11 Building regulation charges guidance notes (PDF 37KB)
Form BC0 - search request
This is an application for requesting an archive search or copies of completion certificate(s), which must be filled in and returned with the appropriate fee (£50 per address for archive searches, and/or £50 per copy of Completion Certificate requested) in order to initiate a search for archive material/request a copy of a Completion Certificate (delete as necessary).
The form also contains important information regarding the legal status of archive materials held by Building Control, which you may find useful (e.g. copyright restrictions on materials held).
Building Control records are kept in entirety for 15 years post submission (except for properties of special interest such as Academic buildings, cemetery buildings, churches and other places of worship, Hospitals, Landmarks [e.g. BT Tower], libraries, Municipal buildings e.g. Town Halls, Museums, Park Buildings, Public House and Theatres) at which point the physical file is securely disposed of keeping only selected information.
Drainage files and some old GLC files are kept at Holborn Library in the Local Studies and Archive Centre which offers about 200,000 items of the history of the borough or call 020 7974 4001.