Play provision in Camden is run by community and voluntary organisations, which are funded by the Council to provide after-school clubs and holiday playschemes for children and young people aged four to 13.
This provision is based in local communities and schools and includes specialist services for vulnerable children, young people and their families with varying needs.
Holiday play schemes in Camden
To find out what is on offer in your area, download our guide to holiday play schemes
in the borough. See also map of local provision below.
After-school play and childcare
Camden primary schools are linked to their local play providers:
- download: Community play provision in Camden, map – January 2016 (PDF 483KB)
- download: Play providers in Camden which are attached to local schools, May 2016 (PDF)
Other childcare providers
Cut the cost of play and childcare
Places at discounted cost are available for low income working parents and full time students. You may be eligible for a place at discounted cost if you live in Camden and:
- you qualify for working tax credit and your income is less than £35,000, or
- you are a lone parent working 16 hours or more and you qualify for child tax credit, or
- you are in full time education
- to apply, please download: Subsidised play eligibility assessment form (Word)
There are three steps to claiming a discount
1. Claim Tax Credit
If you haven’t claimed Tax Credit already it is worth doing to see if you are eligible. Even if you receive just a small amount of Tax Credit it could qualify you for a discount that will roughly halve the price you pay for childcare.
There are two types of tax credit – Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit. You only need to complete one claim form even if you want to claim both.
You can only get a tax credits claim pack from the Tax Credit Helpline: 0345 300 3900. You can't download a claim form or make your claim online.
For more about working tax credit and how to claim go to hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits
2. Apply for the Camden Play discount
- download: application form (Word)
If you receive a discount it will reduce your Tax Credit by a small amount. However the lower cost of play sessions will be bigger than the change to your Tax Credit so you will be better off.
3. Tell the Tax Credit Office
Once you qualify for the Camden discount you will need to let the Tax Credit Office know.
Are there any free places?
There will be free places for children who are assessed as being ‘Children in Need’ and disabled children eligible for short breaks.
If your family currently has a social worker, please contact them for further details on accessing a free place.