Secondary school admissions
Whether your child wants to go on to university, an apprenticeship or a job, the high quality teaching and supportive environment at Camden's secondary schools aims to help them reach their potential.
The Council co-ordinates the transfer from primary to secondary school for admission to all Camden state secondary schools. Find out more about Camden secondary schools in our annual guide.
- You can apply online from 1 September 2016 until 31 October 2016.
Open days and evenings 2016
- All of our schools organise open days and evenings in September and October and we recommend you attend these before applying.
- Download: Open days
and evenings 2016 poster (PDF)
- Meet The Parents also holds informal forums for primary parents at local schools across the borough.
Primary school admissions
Camden has some of the best primary schools in the country. We co-ordinate admission for reception places at Camden primary schools and provide advice on transfers, vacancies and appeals
- You can apply online from 1 September 2016
- The deadline for applying for September 2017 reception places is 15 January 2017
- Read our guide to Starting School in Camden
School admission arrangements in Camden 2017-18
The document below details the arrangements that will be used for community schools in Camden to decide who will be offered a school place in the 2017-18 academic year.
This follows a consultation from 26 November 2015 to 8 January 2016. Any objections to these admission arrangements can be lodged with the Office of the Schools Adjudicator until 15 May 2016.
For admissions arrangements and supplementary forms of voluntary aided schools, free schools and the UCL Academy, please contact the schools directly or visit their websites.
- download: Camden community schools - determined admissions for 2017 (PDF)
Social or medical applications for Camden community schools
To find out more about this criterion and how to apply for a school place on these grounds please see our policy and form (which should be returned to email@example.com within the deadline) below: