Secondary school admissions
Whether your child wants to go on to university, an apprenticeship or a job, the high quality teaching and supportive environment at Camden's secondary schools aims to help them reach their potential.
The Council co-ordinates the transfer from primary to secondary school for admission to all Camden state secondary schools. Find out more about Camden secondary schools in our annual guide.
- Applications for Year 7 places in September 2017 have now closed. You will be informed of the result on 1 March 2017.
Primary school admissions
Camden has some of the best primary schools in the country. We co-ordinate admission for reception places at Camden primary schools and provide advice on transfers, vacancies and appeals
- The deadline for applying for September 2017 reception places was 15 January
2017. We will inform parents of the results of their applications on
Tuesday, 18 April.
- Read our guide to Starting School in Camden
Proposed school admission arrangements in Camden 2018-19 - consultation
The document below details the proposed arrangements for community schools in Camden
to decide who will be offered a school place in the 2018-19 academic year. If you
have any comments, you need to respond by 6 January 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- download: Camden community schools - proposed admissions for 2018 (PDF)
- Please note: the
Schools Adjudicator has now reached a decision on the 2017 admission arrangements
for Kingsgate Primary School and it has been agreed that the number of places for
entry into Reception in September 2017 should be reduced from 120 to 90.
- For admissions arrangements and supplementary forms of voluntary aided schools, free schools and the UCL Academy, please contact the schools directly or visit their websites.
Supplementary consultation documents
The following schools are consulting on their 2018/19 admission arrangements:
- St Mary & St Pancras C of E primary school for nursery and reception
- La Swap 6th form
- William Ellis VA School
- The Rosary Catholic primary school
- download: St Mary & St Pancras proposed nursery arrangements 2018/19 (PDF)
- download: St Mary & St Pancras proposed primary arrangements 2018/19 (PDF)
- download: St Mary & St Pancras nursery supplementary and Christian worship form (PDF)
- download: St Mary & St Pancras primary supplementary and Christian worship form (PDF)
- download: La Swap proposed admission arrangements 2018/19 (PDF)
- download: William Ellis proposed admission arrangements 2018/19 (PDF)
- download: The Rosary proposed admission arrangements for 2018/19 (PDF)
- download: The Rosary supplementary information form (PDF)
Should you have any comments on these arrangements then you should contact the relevant school by 27th January 2017.
Social or medical applications for Camden community schools
To find out more about this criterion and how to apply for a school place on these grounds please see our policy and form (which should be returned to email@example.com within the deadline) below:
Camden community schools determined admission arrangements
The Council’s determined school admission arrangements for 2016/17 and 2017/18 are also published here for information. You can view or download the relevant documents below.
- download: Camden community
schools - determined admission arrangements for 2016/17 (PDF)
- download: Camden community
schools - determined admission arrangements for 2017/18 (PDF)