Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Pensions Shared Service - Camden, Merton, Richmond, Waltham Forest and Wandsworth
The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide scheme for employees working for Camden or other employers participating in the scheme.
- download: Newsletter, March 2016 (PDF)
“Freedom and Choice”
You may have read about and seen the adverts on TV recently about the forthcoming flexibilites around withdrawing money from pension schemes. We have been receiving enquiries about whether members of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) can use these new flexibilities, so more information about these provisions and how they interact with the LGPS can be found below.
You should be aware that these new arrangements apply to Defined Contribution pension saving arrangements and not Defined Benefit pension schemes so these arrangements do not directly affect the LGPS.
- download: Freedom and Choice Q&A
The New LGPS 2014Full details can be found on the lgps2014 website
Information about the pension fund from external websites
- Local government pension scheme website
- Local government pension scheme regulations
- Teachers' pensions website
- Your state pension (Directgov pensions website)
- download: Actuarial
valuation of Camden's pension fund as at 31 March 2013 (PDF)
- Already a member
- Receiving a pension
- Employers (admitted bodies)
- Previous member
- Thinking of joining the pension scheme
- Pension Investments and Governance