Complaints about Councillors

How do I complain about my Councillor?

Responsibility for the assessment of allegations against Councillors and Co-opted Members of committees rests with the Standards Committee.

Making a complaint

A complaint that a member has breached the Code of Conduct (see below) needs to be made in writing and sent to the Council's Monitoring Officer, the Borough Solicitor. You can use our online complaint form:

Alternatively you can download our standard complaint form:

What happens next?

The complaint will be considered by the Borough Solicitor (in consultation with the Council's Independent Person) who will consider the complaint and decide whether the complaint should be investigated.

The complainant is notified of the decision by the Borough Solicitor. If investigated and a breach is found, the matter will be reported to the Standards Committee for decision.

Code of conduct

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.