Planning applications for businesses

If you are planning to develop your business premises, or convert your home to allow you to work from home, you may need planning permission.

By law you are required to notify the council of changes to the use of properties and usually any substantial building works will need planning permission.

Special rules apply if the property is listed as being of special architectural merit or is in a conservation area

Planning Online is our planning applications service which enables users to:

  • search for and view scanned images of planning applications, drawings and decisions
  • send comments about current applications
  • download the full range of planning application forms, our fee-scale and guidance notes
  • search and view the weekly list planning applications and monthly list of decisions

Go to Planning Online...

Building control for business

If you are carrying out building work you need to make sure you conform to building regulations

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.