Camden Recruitment supports Camden based businesses to recruit Camden
Recruiting locally means that businesses can support their local communities. You can help support young people to make the first step in their career, or help residents who are out of work to return to work.
Participating employers benefit from:
- a free, efficient and reliable recruitment service with a single point of contact
- pre-screening and selection to help you find the right person for the job
- training courses for candidates, so they can be prepared specifically for your vacancies
- on-going support for both you and your employees
Further advantages of local recruitment
Employers find that recruitment from local people results in benefits such as
- lower staff turnover
- increased staff loyalty and productivity
- stronger community relations
- insights into local communities and local customers
- increased potential for sourcing other new recruits due to local contacts
- reduced absenteeism and lost work time due to reduced travel to work time
- environmental benefits from reduced travel time
Recruiting locally also supports your corporate social responsibility aims leading to good reputational benefits, publicity and helping to portray a positive company brand
You can find out more about the service and what’s needed, by looking at the Employment Charter.
- download: Camden employment charter (PDF)
This sets out the informal agreement between employers and the council.
If you’re interested to participate, contact the Economic Development team.