We offer the following services to support businesses in Camden:
- intelligence information on the local Camden economy
- email updates on Olympic and other tendering opportunities for small to medium sized enterprises
- sector specific support for Camden jewellers
- recruitment support
- environmental sustainability support services
- business continuity and emergency planning support
- signposting to other local and national business support organisations
A range of key documents and statistics on the local Camden economy are freely available to businesses, please visit Camden's data website
We provide regular email updates on tender opportunities for local small to medium sized enterprises.
To register for emails, please contact economic development team
Camden Apprenticeships offers support to employers in and around Camden to set up apprenticeship schemes and recruit the best Camden young people for their business.
Our support service to employers includes:
- an effective recruitment process to source, match and screen the best range of candidates to suit the needs of your organisation
- matching you with an appropriate training provider to ensure the highest levels of training to fully develop the skills of your apprentice
- an apprenticeships broker who will support you and the apprentice if required
The Camden Climate Change Alliance has been formed by Camden Council and organisations in Camden that are committed to reducing their carbon dioxide emissions and helping to tackle climate change. Any organisation based in Camden can join the alliance and help to contribute to a joint carbon emissions reduction target of 10% by 2012.
- carbon footprint training to help Alliance Members take that first step towards managing their emissions
- the Carbon Confident programme to support SMEs based in Camden to keep their Climate Commitments
- business in a changing climate – we can help you to guard against the risks and take advantages of the opportunities of our already changing climate
- events exploring major issues and help Alliance Members save carbon
- workshop programme to tackle Alliance Member's major carbon challenges
Downloadable documents to help your business prepare for an emergency.
Find out about the green fuels available for local businesses in and around Camden – electric charging is available for free, and biomethane is available at 20% less than diesel.
Business continuity and emergency planning
Business continuity management is a process of planning to ensure that your organisation has a relatively quick and painless return to "business as usual" in the event of a major crisis or interruption, regardless of the cause of the incident (be it man-made or natural, accidental or deliberate).
The Camden Emergency Planning Group (CAMEPG) consists of organisations from the health, transport, universities, voluntary, utilities and emergency services and private business sectors who meet every two months to discuss emergency planning and business continuity issues for Camden.
If you would like to find out more about CAMEPG or attend a meeting of the group please contact the emergency planning and business continuity team