Challenge a penalty charge notice (PCN) online
How can I appeal against a penalty charge notice (PCN)?
What are acceptable grounds for making representations?
Before you begin, you may wish to consider whether you have grounds to make representations (a challenge). The Traffic Management Act 2004 allows drivers to make representations against a penalty charge notice (PCN) under the following circumstances, available on the London parking and traffic appeals service website
What should I know about the online form before I use it?
Although the form allows 30 minutes for completion, we understand that you may need more time, so please prepare the text of your appeal in a Word or other text document, this will prevent the form timing out and you losing your data. You can cut and paste directly into the form.
You will have an opportunity to attach documents at the end of the form, shortly before submitting it. Many different types of common file types are accepted, including Word documents, PDFs and for images, JPEGS. The individual files must be less than 2MB in size.
If you need to edit or reformat an image in order for it to be accepted please use a commercial program such as Adobe Photoshop, or you can use a free online service such as phixr
To prevent timing out, you may want to prepare your documents before beginning the form.
What are the stages of the online form?
The stages of completing this form are:
- Choose the type of representation you are making - this depends on the parking ticket or fine you have received or are representing against
- After reading the grounds for appeal select which are most applicable and write the letter or letters relating to these grounds in the box provided.
- Write out, or paste in, a description of why you are making a representation against the PCN or enforcement notice.
- Tick a declaration of authenticity and then attach any supporting documents using the upload page.
- Submit the form.
Use the online form
Page last updated May 10, 2013 3:46 PM
Today I want to...
Apply for services
Make payments online
Locate services online
Request services online
- View traffic contravention images
- MOT services for your vehicle
- Renew parking permits online
- Appeal against traffic fine/parking ticket
- Search for parking bay suspensions
- Search for works on my street
- Search for parking
- Congestion charging
- Contact parking services
- Report a street problem/request a street service
- Transport for London
- Green Camden