Services for people with drug or alcohol problems

We offer many different services and types of support for people with drug and alcohol problems living in Camden. These services include:

  • detoxification either in community or residential settings 
  • counselling 
  • residential rehabilitation and day programmes
  • aftercare and social inclusion
  • supported abstinence based accommodation
  • support to access education, training and employment opportunities 
  • peer-led support such as SMART recovery groups 
  • support for families and carers

Who can apply for help?

In order to be able to access the treatment and recovery options, you must live or be homeless in Camden or be registered with a Camden GP.

You can apply if you are in need of support and help because of your dependency on drugs and alcohol and want to do something about it.

How do I apply for help?

To make an appointment with a drug treatment service, please call Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust on 020 3317 6000.

If you don’t feel able to contact the service yourself, please contact social services or ask your doctor, a friend or a neighbour to phone for you. The telephone lines are answered on weekdays between 9am and 5pm.

Alternatively, you can contact any of the services listed in the drug and alcohol directory directly to discuss your circumstances and the support options.

Self-assessment of your adult social care needs

VoiceAbility service user involvement

You can also contact VoiceAbility Camden for advice and support in contacting and accessing treatment services. 

I am deaf

  • textphone: 020 7974 6096
  • fax: 020 7974 6704

Urgent help

If your circumstances change before someone contacts you and you think you need urgent help then please contact us by phone on 020 7974 4000 or 020 7974 4444 out of office hours.

Alcohol problems

If your problem is mainly alcohol, please contact the Camden Alcohol Service

What will happen then?

The drug or alcohol  treatment service or care manager will arrange an appointment with you to talk about what sort of help you might need. This is called an assessment. By law we must carry out an assessment before arranging any services to help you.

Is there a charge?

  • there is no charge for the assessment
  • there is no charge for most drug and alcohol services
  • before arranging any services, your social services worker will explain any costs and financial help that may be available to you

Substance misuse services are provided jointly by Camden Adult Social Care and the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust.

Links to Camden services

More information on Camden drug, alcohol and recovery services

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.