Empty property action plan
The empty property action plan
There are properties standing empty in the borough while at the same time there is a significant demand for housing. Empty properties are often unattractive and can attract vandalism.
We will consider taking enforcement action such as serving notices and compulsory purchase orders as a last resort. We are committed to doing all we can to encourage owners to bring empty homes back into use.
These pages provide information on ways of bringing your empty property back into use, including:
- applying for an Housing Supply Grant to help pay for refurbishments
- owners who want to move into their empty property and need financial assistance to do refurbishments can apply for a Owner Occupation Grant. Please contact the empty property officer for more information or visit www.northlondonemptyproperties.co.uk
- using the services of lettings and managing agents
- lease agreements with a housing co-operative offering guaranteed rent.
- advertise your property through our private renting scheme
Report an empty property
Is there a private sector empty property you would like to report? You can report an empty property online.
If you would like more information or advice on any of these options please contact the empty property team
Page last updated Apr 19, 2013 10:38 AM