Green garden waste recycling collection
Residents who have a weekly doorstep recycling collection are also provided with three white re-usable sacks for all green garden waste.
We will collect your garden waste once a week, on the same day as your other recycling and take it for composting.
I don't have any garden waste sacks
There is a limit to three per household.
We will collect
- grass cuttings
- dead flowers
- garden prunings
- leaves and bark
We do not collect
- plant pots
- large tree cuttings
- food scraps
- any other general rubbish
Where does my collected garden waste go?
It is taken to a compost centre in Edmonton, north London where it is all composted.
The final compost product is then used for a variety of purposes, including:
- use in agriculture; spread directly onto agricultural land as an 'agricultural soil improver' or used to cover stockpiles of sewage sludge prior to spreading (for odour abatement)
- blending directly with soil to improve its quality
- used by north London parks and gardening schemes
Unfortunately bags of compost are no longer available from Regis Road Recycling Centre. You can buy good compost from garden centres, local hardware stores or larger supermarkets.
Home composting is an even better way to turn your garden waste and uncooked food scraps into compost. Composting at home will produce a rich natural fertiliser for your garden, whilst helping to reduce climate change.
More information on composting
Page last updated Jan 28, 2013 12:16 PM
Today I want to...
Apply for services
Book services online
Request services online
- On street recycling facilities
- Contact environment services
- When is my recycling and rubbish collected?
- Request/report a rubbish or recycling service
- Regis Road Recycling and Re-use Centre
- Green Camden