Neighbourhood Planning advice
Advice on preparing neighbourhood plans in Camden
We realise that neighbourhood planning and the rules that communities need to follow can be complex, so we have prepared a guide to help communities decide whether to get involved in neighbourhood planning and help them in preparing a plan if they do.
The guide gives an introduction to neighbourhood planning, explains the steps communities should follow when they are preparing a neighbourhood plan, sets out the role of the Council and gives information on the sources of support and help.
- download: A guide to preparing neighbourhood plans in
Camden (PDF 264KB)
- download: Neighbourhood plans - frequently asked questions (PDF 36KB)
Locality has government funding to support communities with neighbourhood planning. Their website ‘my community rights’ is where you can apply for direct support and funding and also provides other useful advice and contacts.
We have also prepared a number of factsheets on neighbourhood planning which are available to download below:
- download: Application checklist for Areas and Forums (PDF 47KB)
- download: Basic conditions (PDF 31KB)
- download: Neighbourhood plans and Strategic Environmental Assessment (PDF 24KB)
- Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012
- The Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012
If you have any further questions on neighbourhood planning or are thinking of preparing a neighbourhood plan for your area please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org