Self Build Register
The government wants to enable more people to build their own home. To facilitate this, the Council is compiling a register of people who want to build their own home. If we become aware of any serviced plots of land that may be suitable for self builders, we will contact those who have expressed an interest.
A ‘serviced plot of land’ is a plot that has access to a public highway and connections for electricity, water and waste water.
To be included on the register, you need to meet the following requirements:
- you must be aged 18 or over;
- you must be a British citizen or a national of an EEA State other than the UK
or Switzerland; and
- you must be seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as that your sole or main residence.
If you are an association, each of your members must meet the above criteria.
You can apply to be included on the register by emailing: email@example.com.
The following information must be submitted.
- date of birth
- telephone number
- email address
- site requirements
- confirmation that you are seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as that your sole or main residence
- name and address of that association
- name and address, date of birth and nationality of each member of the association
- name and address of the lead contact, if different from the address of the association
- confirmation that each member of the association is seeking (either alone or with others) seeking to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as that individual’s sole or main residence
- number of serviced plots of land the members of the association are seeking to acquire
An individual or association entered on the register can amend or remove their
entry at any time.
If an individual or association ceases to meet the criteria above, the Council
may remove their entry but must notify them of this with its reasons for doing so.