Free school meals
Apply for free school meals
If your child attends a Camden school you must apply to us no matter which borough you live in.
- apply for free school meals online (the quickest and easiest way to apply)
is important that you complete all parts of the form and give us your correct details.
We need to know your full name, date of birth and National Insurance or NASS number
(these can be found on your Benefits/ Home Officer letter) so that we can carry out
electronic checking. If the details are incorrect or incomplete we will not be able
to confirm your entitlement to free school meals.
Applications must be made in the name of the person who is receiving the qualifying benefit, or there may be a delay in processing the application.
Benefits of applying online
- It’s quick and easy to do - most online applications take about ten minutes
- If you are eligible we will let your child’s school know within two working days
- If you supply an email address you will normally get an email confirming whether or not you are entitled within 3 working days If you do not have an email address we will send you a letter confirming your entitlement.
- It can be done whenever it suits you, with no need for face-to-face or telephone contact
Download an application formfree school meals team
If you are eligible we will let your child’s school know within 10 working days of receiving your application. We will also send you a letter confirming your entitlement.
Changes you should tell us about
Please see frequently asked questions