Volunteering in Camden
Give your time and volunteer in Camden
It is easy to get involved and there are hundreds of local volunteering opportunities to choose from. Visit the website of Volunteer Centre Camden where you can search their online database of opportunities. If you need need help or further information please call them on 020 7424 9990.
Suggestions for getting involved
- volunteer for Camden Council – there are lots of volunteering opportunities available throughout the council. If you wish to sign up for Camden’s monthly Volunteering eNews please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- vInspired is an online database for 16-25 year olds
- Volunteering Matters (formerly known as Community Service Volunteers) offers volunteering opportunities for young people up to 35 years throughout the UK
- Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) can help with overseas volunteering opportunities
- REACH offers volunteering opportunities
for people with professional or managerial skills
Volunteer Centre Camden’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
and Fiftieth birthday celebration
Wednesday 1 March 2017, 4.00 – 6.30pm
Council Chamber, Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE
This will be an opportunity to hear about Volunteer Centre Camden’s achievements over the past year as well as their predictions for the next fifty years of volunteering. After the meeting there will be refreshments and a group photo to mark the occasion.
All are welcome but you need to register in advance. For further information please call Volunteer Centre Camden on 020 7424 9990
Is your group looking for volunteers?
- Volunteer Centre Camden publicises your volunteer opportunities and provides training on working with volunteers
- Voluntary Action Camden (VAC) supports voluntary and community action in Camden
- Greater London Volunteering (GLV) is the regional umbrella organisation for volunteering in London
Are you an employer looking for volunteering opportunities for your staff?
Volunteer Centre Camden can help you.
Camden's support for volunteering
Camden’s volunteering strategy aims to:
- broaden and deepen the pool of volunteers and volunteering opportunities in Camden
- improve the quality of volunteering experiences in Camden
- equip ourselves to support, encourage and promote volunteering more effectively
You can download the volunteering strategy:
- download: Camden's volunteering strategy 2013-2016 (PDF)
- download: Camden's Volunteering Action Plan (PDF)
- download: Camden’s Volunteering E-news March 2017 (PDF)
- download: Camden’s Volunteering survey report 2016 (PDF)
- Help with PDFs